Sunday 10 February 2008

Zachary and Stan - What they did today and do every Sunday!!

Well, here they are - the two motorbike nuts in my family! Stan and Zachary.

Virtually every Sunday and just about every Thursday evening during daylight savings, Zed and Stan go to the 'track' and ride their Trials bikes. Notice they are TRAIL bikes - they are T R I A L bikes. These buggers have no seats (really not comfy!) and they have really low gearing which means they can go really really slow and can be controlled more easily.

The point of T R I A L S riding is skill and daring. Good balance is a must and nerves of steel are needed too. Trials riders rode over and through any and all obstacles. The object is to do this and NOT PUT YOUR FEET DOWN. This is bloody hard.

As said quite a few posts ago - Zachary is the Victorian Junior Trials Rider Champion of 2007. He has now moved up with the big guys into C grade.

Last week, he went into a trial competition doing C Grade for the first time officially and out of about 30 riders - he came 2nd! Mind you, I think what he loved most was that he beat his dear old dad Stan and soundly!!! He was thrilled about that.

Today is Stan and my 18th wedding anniversary (although it also marks the fact that we have been together for 25 years). The two of them went to the track for the morning only - normally they stay all day. I went along for an hour and snapped a few pictures and got them both showing off. Zachary took a big fall too - darn! I didn't get it on camera! He cut his elbow but he was brave. If he did it at home it would have been a different story but amongst all the men - well he was a lot braver than I thought he would be!

After the track, I dropped Bronte off at a birthday party and Stan, Samuel, Zachary and I headed into St. Kilda for the Street Festival. Had a really lovely time wandering the streets with thousands of other people!

We then picked up Bronte after 6pm and came home - all of us tired and ready for a snooze!

Today is also Kiah's birthday - she would have been 15. (For those who don't know - Kiah was my most loved dog who died last year). I miss her so much.

Anyway, enjoy the slide show of the two guys full of testosterone!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary k8 :o)
It sounds like a lovely day was had by all?
& Wow Zac must be so pleased that he beat his Dad!
I hope school is on the improve for him?

What a bittersweet day for you :o(
I remember when Kiah went to Rainbow Bridge x