Friday 22 February 2008

Today, at 10.30am, I am going to a funeral...

the funeral of a gorgeous 6 year old girl who was in Grade 1 at Bronte's school.

She died on Tuesday the 19th of February and had been battling cancer.

I didn't know her really or her mum and dad or little sister. I did, however, used to say hello when I saw her and marvel at this gorgeous girl who, everytime I saw her, had a smile on her face.

Her presence has affected our whole school community. Made it stronger. She will be so sorely missed.

The school has closed down for today so that teachers and families can attend. I am not taking any of my children but I will go, I feel that I need to. Don't want to though.

Please, have Aislinn and her family in your thoughts - it is a very hard road for them all.



"A luminous light remains where a beautiful soul has passed"
Antoine Boveua

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Far out k8 that just sucks :(
Life is not fair, that poor family, that poor little girl.
I hope you coped Ok today?
Bug Hugs xx

Carrie Young said...

oh k8 :o(
hope you got thru today ok(ish)
much love to all her family & friends. xox

Kaz said...

Oh Kate that is so very sad.Not fair that anyone has to face that unimaginable pain.

Jodie said...

Oh K8! Your post has brought tears to my eyes.. Life can just be so unfair :o( Hope the funeral went ok.. BIG HUG!

Jodie x

Sue xx said...

I'm with you Lisa that sucks!! My heart just breaks for the poor family losing such a precious life, so unfair.
Sue xx