Saturday 9 February 2008

Out my Kitchen window....

My gorgeous friend, Lynda, who has just moved to Cairo (lucky duck!) has a post on her blog asking people to post a photo of the view from their kitchen windows....

I wasn't going to do it because mine is not that spectacular but I do love looking out there - watching the trees swaying - so I thought 'what the heck!'.

Click on the photos to get a better idea...

For the first photo - I have put together two photos (which explains why it looks a bit weird). This is looking up toward the sky. The big 60+ year old gum tree that you can see to the left belongs to our lovely friend and surrogate grandmother, Joyce. I love to watch it in the wind. The birdlife it houses is fabulous.

Now I guess that I also need to explain that along the wall below my kitchen window is a large bike rack. You know, there are only 5 people in this family but I think, at last count we had 9 bikes? Of course, there are bikes for all different uses and this is where they are stored. The green bit at the bottom of the photo is actually the tarpaulin roof that tries (sometimes in vain) to protect them.




The second photo shows the view out the window if I look straight out and down. Here you can see parts of some of the bicycles...the freshly rained on concret (hooray!) and Jasper our cat - peeking through the fence at our next door neighbours.

Just about in line with the first bike's back wheel, that is where I found our darling, much missed dog, Kiah. She went to sleep there, listening to all of our family noise. I often look out there, hoping that I could see her face yet again.



3 comments:

Lynda said...

That's lovely Kate... thanks for taking part - this exercise is making me feel more included in the world.

Anonymous said...

I love these out my kitchen window posts. That sky is awesome.

Anonymous said...

wooohoo - I found another kitchen window post!