Monday 3 March 2008

Sing along with me.....I don't like Mondays....I don't like Mondaayyys

So, it is Monday morning, 8.00am. Samuel and Zachary have school swimming sports. It's going to be 32 celsius - gorgeous day for it.

Son number 2 is on the toilet with the runs....and has a 'bit of a headache'. He has had a very busy weekend so that could be adding to the turmoil....

I say, 'stay home.' "But I want to go." Tears welling in his eyes. I say 'Go then.' "I have a headache and a sore tummy." 'Stay home then.' "It is my first swimming sports" Tonnes more tears...

Now - whatever I say does not seem to be the right answer.

He is upset. Crying. He is staying home - well coming to work with me. Oh joy of joys!!

Stan has called three times this morning. Samuel didn't put the work video camera cable back in the bag. Stan is very annoyed. It is typical Samuel though. I am now annoyed - I mean - what can we do about that now?

Oh yes, it is MONDAY. I always loved the Boomtown Rats song 'I don't like Mondays'....

Hope it gets better from here!!!

2 comments:

Sue J said...

Hi K8 (((waves))) - so nice to be wandering through blogland and visit you and your gorgeous family. :) Will enjoy catching up on all your news...

Poor sick Zachary :( You know that the reason that nothing you said was right is only because there IS no right answer, it's just a miserable day for him. I hope he's feeling much better soon and just think, it's Tuesday tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

I was soooo singing with you yesterday!!
Only it was Tuesday.
I love it when you blog!
Nic