Saturday 4 August 2007

Thirteen in any language is the same = Teenager!











While he is not officially a teenager yet, our Samuel had his 13th Birthday Party today.

The quandary a few weeks ago was 'Should I invite my friends from my new school or just my friends from my old school?' I said 'Ask them all!' (generous soul that I am!)

So, today, 11 of his bestest friends met up with us at the local La Porchetta restaurant for a Pizza lunch. He had from his Birth Group - his oldest friend Jackson, from his Primary School, Issie, Beth, Hayley, Claire, Luca (a boy) and Lachie. From his High School came Jacob, Luke, Sam and Praveen. Then of course was Bronte and Zachary. Oh and me! - Left Stan at home because A) he does NOT like Pizza and B) he needed to fix my car!

Lolly Bags in hand, birthday treasures and left over Birthday cake stowed in the back of the car, we headed to the Movies to see The Simpsons. I was so dreading this part as I am so not a Simpsons fan.

I am happy to report that I quite enjoyed the movie and the kids loved it and were fabulously behaved!

Next Thursday is the REAL birthday - so I can technically say that I am NOT the mother of a teen .... yet!

So, a few snaps of the event and the last one is just one I took tonight of Bronte (yes! my nine year old daughter adores her sleepsuit!!), Jasper the Cat and Stan - all snoozing on the couch! Aaawwwww!

7 comments:

handinhandaus said...

Happy birthday Samuel!!
Looks like a great party, mmm love pizza.

Welcome to the world of the teenager Kate :)

Vanessa x said...

You have cool parties Kate!!!! Happy Birthday to Samuel for Thursday and I LOVE those sleepsuits LOL. Kara has one and she's my teletubbie in it pmsl.

Bowznstuff said...

Kate!!! What a milestone - congratulations!
Cree

Anonymous said...

See I knew you were way more organised, you have already had the friend party :) Pics are great, love that Ra.re shirt
Happy Birthday Samuel aka Dave's twin for Thursday.
Teen boy in the house alert!!!!!
Nic

Sue xx said...

Samuel one more sleep until you are a Teenager! Have a great day tomorrow. Happy Birthday!!

Oh K8 they just grow up way too fast don't they!

Sue xx

Lynda said...

Wow happy belated birthday Samuel - seems while I have been dozing the kidlets have turned into Teenangels!!!! - sounds like it was a lot of fun... mmmm pizza....mmmmm cake... mmmm icecream .....mmmmmmmmm movies ....mmmmmmm popcorn!
LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy 13th Birthday Samuel, Hope you had a great day.
Your kids always look like they are having a great time K8.

Janee