Thursday 2 August 2007

Moon Stuff...


Yesterday, I woke up with a shocker of a cold - a real head cold and a few aches and pains. Felt so ill, I called work and said I couldn't come in and I lay on the couch shivering most of the day!

I picked up the two youngest from school at 3.30pm, nicked home and gave them afternoon tea and then back out again to Bronte Bronte's basketball training. At 6pm, we came home, quickly had a rushed dinner of leftovers, took Samuel to his Dance class and then Bronte and I went on to her Primary School where we had a meeting about Holy Communion. It was a tad boring but we got through it well enough! Me, feeling ill but still did it because I have to really - Stan got home from work and felt a bit sick too so he took himself off to bed!

On the way home from the Communion meeting, I spied something wonderful in the sky. A gorgeous super-large moon. I said to Bronte, what's that? And she thought it was a hot air balloon - it was so so large and glowing yellow. We headed for it - didn't go straight home and it just got more and more beautiful. Decided to go home and see if we could see it from there - Zachary got on the Carport roof (as only he would) and was super impressed. I decided to put them all in the car again and drove toward it again...with each passing minute it got higher and higher. We drove to a pedestrian overpass and got out and walked up. It was a lovely sight still and the kids were in awe. Took a few crappy snaps - but this one will give you an idea of the divine colour.

We arrived back home and they were all so happy to have seen it. Almost made me forget I was feeling crappy actually!

1 comment:

handinhandaus said...

Awesome photo! It's moments like those children will remember forver. Get better soon sweetie!