Wednesday 13 June 2007

Went out to a meeting the other night...





came back to this...Zachary and Bronte sleeping in our bed - Stan was sound asleep too but he didn't look as cute...

I just LOVE looking at photos of my sleeping children - there is just a pure sweetness about them - an abandonement that is inviting...

While You Were Sleeping

by Tara Simms


While you were sleeping,
I sat by your bed.
I watched you
as you smiled through your dreams.

I traced your perfect shell ear,
Touched every curl
On your little head.

I tried to sleep
But the sound of your breathing
Drew me back to your room.

I couldn't resist
The magic which tugged
At my heartstrings
And brought me to your side.

I settled on the floor
Once again.
Back against the wall,
Holding your tiny hand in mine.

While you were sleeping
I fell in love with you all over again.

While they are not tiny anymore, I just love looking at my children while they are asleep. Here is a great one of Bronte and Zachary in our bed just last month. How peaceful they look and how angelic. It does make me realise how lucky we are!

5 comments:

Carrie Young said...

awww look at your beautifuls!!! ready for a big squeeze & kiss! xox

Brissiemum2 said...

Nothing more angelic than sleeping children! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oooh Bronte and Zachary looks absolutey gorgeous! There is nothing more special than seeing children curled up together sleeing.

Vanessa x said...

OMG Kate ~ if Zachary was in pink PJs, I would have thought that was Bronte... they look SOOO alike.

x

Anonymous said...

Too cute. When Erin sleeps, I can still see a glipse of that sweet little baby in the face of my grown up girl.

Caz