Monday 11 June 2007

Time marches on



and June is speeding by... June, the month of death and birth. The month of celebration of life and the month of introspection of death. How final death is.
We are nearly half way through, thank God.

Mum's anniversary of her death has gone by, today is the date of mum and dad's Wedding Anniversary.

Only have dad's anniversary of his death, Bronte's birthday and my brother Stephen's 50th birthday to go.


This month is difficult.

But I think just for me.

The kids have not much of an idea...Stan doesn't really either. I think he is of the mind to just get on with it. I am of that mind too but really it is easier said than done.


I love the cartoons and writings of Michael Leunig - his writings speak to me and he is profound and sometimes dark. Suits me to a tee at the moment I think.

The above cartoon is fantastic...sorry that the words are blurred - they read...

When the heart
Is cut or cracked or broken
Do not clutch it
Let the wound lie open

Let the wind
From the good old sea blow in
To bathe the wound with salt
And let it sting

Let a stray dog lick it
Let a bird lean in the hole and sing
A simple song like a tiny bell
And let it ring


and I also like this one...



3 comments:

Brissiemum2 said...

((((Big hugs, Kate)))) at this difficult time of year for you!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely 'poem', Kate. I know this month is hard, but you will perservere. Try to focus on the happy, let the sad come and then let it go. (((HUGS)))

Love, Caz

Vanessa x said...

You'll get there K8 ~ focus on all of the positive things you have in your life (says me LMAO).

My friend's mother's funeral is tomorrow and it's so hard to know what to do for her ~ mainly because there really is little to do. Such a horrible, horrible time.