Wednesday 28 March 2007

There is a little girl at school

who just started this year - she is in what we Victorians call Prep. She is 5 years old. Last month, a note came home from school, Aisling (ash-lin) has had a recurrance of cancer. How shocking and it is just plain wrong.

The children came home absolutely horrified that someone at their school might die. Apparently she has had cancer before and went into remission at 2 years of age. It has now returned - much more aggressive and apparently the prognosis is not good.

I feel so sad for the family (whom I don't even know!) although I am sure I have met them as I run the uniform shop at school. I feel sad for her, for her new little friends at school. I just think that it is so unfair. It makes me cry.

Please keep Aisling and her family in your thoughts...

3 comments:

Trudi said...

Oh that is just so sad, I will add them to my prayers.

Ebony Rose said...

Such sad news to hear Kate, I will keep Aisling & her family in my thoughts

Ebz xoxo

Bowznstuff said...

Hi Kate, I know Aisling through another friend and just heard a few weeks ago about her cancer coming back. Her and her lovely family are certainly in my thoughts :)