Sunday 11 February 2007

Some more on Kiah....

I want to put down here all that I felt/typed when she first became ill to when she died.

Here are posts from me and then replies from others from a small community I belong to and feel at home with ....
Kiah - my gorgeous dog - who will be 14 on February the 10th - is just not herself today...and I know it is not good.

Stan has just arrived home from the UK - as soon as I saw him I burst into tears. I have been googleing and I am scared as anything.

She can barely walk, has really pale gums and is really lethargic - just looks at me all of the time and tries to follow me...I want to take her to the vet but I don't if you know what I mean?

:(

K8

So sorry, it does not sound good. Maybe it will turn out to be something which the vet can treat, but her symptoms are not good.

I have had three Golden Retrievers put down and it broke my heart to do them all. The last dog I asked the vet to come out to the car so she went to sleep in a familiar environment.

I really hope it does not come down to this for you. They really are like family.

:'( :'(

K8,

((hugs)) Hope it works out to be treatable.Try to get her to the vet asap.

Thinking of you

Cheers
K

So sorry to read this k8 :( :'(

Go on just take her, she is feeling awful as well.

I so hope it is treatable.

so sorry too K8. Hopefully the vet will shed some light. I hope it is positive. Thinking of you and your beloved Kiah.

Oh K8 :'(
Thinking of you, I know you'll do what's best for you and Kiah
G xxx

K8 I am so sorry to hear this :'( :'(
Fingers crossed here that Kiah will be ok.
{{HUGS}} to you too :(

Got back from the vet about an hour ago....the prognosis is not as immediately dim as I thought. Her heart and lungs are fine (phew) but all of the Lymph nodes in her neck are very swollen. This is not good BUT no other nodes on her body are enlarged (this is good). He is hoping that it is some sort of infection so she has been put on antibiotics - if they go down - good - if they don't - no good and I am thinking that he thinks that they won't go down...I am thinking that anyway.

She is walking around a bit more - is a bit more like herself but still obviously not. I know that the day will come that she won;t be here and many of you may not understand how I can feel so bloody bad about this.

She is my dog - not Stan's or the kids - she's mine and has loved me unconditionally from day one. She's put up with so much crap over the last 14 (nearly) years - from us getting THREE kids - each changed her life more and more - to being there when all the sad times happened - ie when first my mum died and then my dad. To loving me no matter what. This stuff is waffle I know but I love her so much - she is my last tie really to the alive times with my mum and my dad.

I did want to thank you all for your lovely thoughts and even just reading them has made me feel a tiny bit better. Thank you.

Kate


Oh k8 I hope she continues to improve.


I would never assume to understand the link you have with her and your parents as that is such a personal thing.

But I can to a certain extent understand the closeness you have with your dog.
I had my beautiful cat put down 2 years ago this month He was 18.
I got him on our honeymoon and he was part of my marriage.
We never had a TV for the first years and instead of spending all our time in the bedroom LOL we played with him every evening. He went through numerous house changes and was even lost for 4 days and I found him after searching and calling till I was hoarse, I found him at the other end of the suburb near an old house of ours.....he & I had walked miles ::) and he was very dehydrated and skinny :(


He survived (and with dignity) the birth of two children after living childless for 13 years!!!
He was my friend and would always sit with me when I hung the clothes out or washed the dishes :'( :'(
Im sure you get the idea :'(

I couldnt even have another cat, until now....

I now feel like I am missing that little furry person as part of the family.

k8 I hope your gorgeous doggy is starting to feel better - snding her get well vibes :)

Awwww Kate, just reading what you are going through brings tears to my eyes. It is all a little too close as we lost our lovely Will only last year and it is still so fresh.

Dogs are more than just animals. They are loving companions. I hope she gets better with the meds. ((((big hugs, luvvy!)))

K8 I hope she's improving now, I'm glad it wasn't as dire as you first thought.

(((hugs))) for you and Kiah.

A

Thinking of you k8.

Sending lots of positive vibes your way.

S

Oh K8, I'm so sorry that Kiah is struggling. :( Your post was so poignant and I truly hope that you get to hang on to her and that special connection that she represents for a little longer. :-* to you and Kiah.

Oh K8, I so completely understand :'(
Hugs & licks to you both :-*



Oh K8 - feeling so sad for you :(
Enjoy some time with her, I hope she keeps feeling OK.

Definitely in our thoughts *hugs* :-*

Thinking of you K8.

K8..Thinking of you.Hope you are doing okay ((hugs))

Just noticed your siggi. :'(

BIG HUGS, K8 :-*


Oh Kate, I too just saw your siggy.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful pet and friend :'(.

Take care.

J xx

Oh K8, I just saw you siggy too.

I am so sorry for the loss of you beloved Kiah. :'(

K.




No comments: