Sunday 11 May 2008

mother; mère; moeder; madre; mãe; mutter;

(please remember to CLICK on the photos for a much clearer view!)

In whatever language you say the word mother or mum, it means much the same all over the world. Nurture, safety, love and hopefully laughter.


Today is Mother's Day and it does mean so much to me. I think of many things and what it means.

It means that I am lucky - lucky because of the three gorgeous creatures you see above. Lucky that I was blessed with them. They may cause me grief at times and make me go nutso from time to time but in the big picture - yes I am extremely lucky.

It also saddens me as it makes me realise that yet another year has passed without my very own mother being by my side. My mum passed away on June 1 1998. It is ten years since I have heard her voice. Ten years since I heard her laugh. Ten years since I told her I loved her that one last time. God, how that hurts.






_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The photos below are from our day out today. I took so many, I found it hard to choose. We went to Werribee Mansion which is here in Victoria, for a picnic. It was divine.



This is number one child, Samuel or Sam as he likes to be called by his friends! He will forever be Samuel to us though. Aged 13 and a half, he knows what he likes and wants and is a gentle soul to others - not so much to his siblings unfortunately! He is a gorgeous boy/young man.


Now this one is the middle guy. His name is Zachary and is 12, turning 13 this year. He is so sensitive and worries about nearly everything. He is a loving boy who always thinks of others. He is my brown eyed boy!


And yes folks, this is Bronte - the third and last. Thank God! She is a bright light in our lives. An entertainer, gregarious but not known for sweetness! A gorgeous spirited girl who keeps me on my toes.



Here are some fun photos of the three children and my husband and their dad (thought I better make that clear)!!


This is in the courtyard of the mansion....



Notice four funny people doing four funny poses!!!


Stacks on Samuel!!! After all, isn't this what Rose Gardens are for???


The dismantling of the STACK!



And this is Queen Joycey! The woman who likes to mother me...and most times I am thankful for it! She is a very young 78 years of age and she came down to our house this morning (she lives two houses away) in this crown. She is a strange one!! We all love her.




Werribee Park Mansion has a fantastic array of sculptures - this one was a favourite of mine but there were many that I liked.



Oh! Who could THAT be??



And then there are the gorgeous Rose Gardens...but the photo above is part of a sculpture - loads of flowers made out of aluminum cans and placed on old bed springs. Very cool!

The next four photos were my very favourite photos of the roses that I took today. Absolutely divine!






And finally, a sculpture that really tickled my fancy! Entitled something like 'Happy Ending'. What a great headstone this would be to have!!! lol But I did think it fitting for the end of this post as the whole day was fabulous and it has a happy ending!

2 comments:

Brissiemum2 said...

Lovely! All of it! And nice to see Joycey, too!

Brissiemum2 said...

Just dropping in again to say that I've 'nommed' you for a blog award. Check out my site for details!