Saturday 19 May 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Lynda from Lulu's Bay has tagged me for a meme but I am unsure what the word meme means!! LOL I do know though that you have to have a look at Lulu's Bay - the food and photos of the food are glorious!

So, anyway, back to the meme - I have to list:
1. Four of my favourite jobs
2. Four of my favorite local places
3. Four of my favourite foods
4. Four of my favorite international places and four people who I am tagging.

4 x Favourite Jobs:
1. Hmmmm - the first job I loved was as a Work Experience student at a Printing place. I loved it so. Picture this, I was a 16 year old impressionable girl. It was an all-male workplace and the the guys were gorgeous - well two were! They all took it upon themselves to educate me in the world of men! Little did they know I had three brothers - two of whom were in the navy so not much surprised me. They were protectors of me as well and I loved that. I learnt to work hard and to put in extra from that place. I learnt about the world of printing and I loved it. I learnt that guys like that are a lot of talk and bluster! I was offered an apprenticeship there but in the end, turned it down. Not sure if that was a good thing or not.

2. Another job I loved was when I joined the Computer Department at Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute here in Melbourne. I was just out of a re-training program and got an 8month tenure (maternity leave placement). Suited me fine as we were off on a backpacking trip around the world. I loved it there. It was rather an autonomous job yet I had to complete a lot of statistical data entry. The women that I worked with were fantastic and I still remember them today and this job was in the late 80's!

3. Working at Vic Roads when I returned from our jaunt overseas. I first got the job as a Temp but it turned into a 4 or 5 year stay. I loved it and was quick to ask if there were any full time positions. It was in the Payroll section and was a very high tensioned job. We ran two payrolls and both were worth over $1million a fortnight. By my final year there I had a position of responsibility that I loved. My boss was a good friend as were the fellow workers. We all loved the work. I met some wonderful people there!

4. No other favourites - oh hang on - my Paper Round that I did twice a week in the afternoon when I was 10! We lived in a small country town and my dog then was a labrador kelpie cross and he was a gorgeous chocolate colour. We used to do the paper round and to certain houses he would take the paper in his mouth and deliver it to the person! What fun! It wasn't fun however, when it was windy or rainy delivering those papers - no plastic wrap on them in those days!

4 x Local Places:
1. Rickett's Point - Black Rock - gorgeous to sit and sip a Latte overlooking Port Phillip Bay
2. St Kilda along the beach - going for a walk or a ride on the bicycle
3. Inverloch - a gorgeous small seaside town - perfect for camping
4. The City - Federation Square - love it!

4 x Favourite Foods
This one is tough:
1. Grilled Salmon on a bed of Rice
2. My roast vegies - nothing beats it!
3. Chicken Wraps with salad, garlic mayonnaise and avocado - toasted
4. Ice Cream - any!

4 x Favourite International Places:
1. Arles - in the South of France
2. Northern Philippines
3. Bali
4. Warsaw

4 x people I am tagging
No one - it is too hard!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Interesting countries you picked - have you been to Warsaw? And did you go backpacking with one of the kidlets on your back? or did I mis-read that...

Kate said...

Yes - I have been to all of those places and more LL! We went to Poland in 1987 - around the time of the Solidarity movement. Poland in general was a superb place to visit and Warsaw was one of many places I loved. I was going to say another place down in the south but I couldn't remember how to spell it! I also loved what was then known as Yugoslavia - a divine place called Bled and also Dubrovnik...shoulda put them down! And no - this was before we were married and way before we had kids!

k8