Friday 9 February 2007

And while I was in the middle of losing my best friend....


another tragedy was unfolding...

Oh my goodness, I just could not comprehend it all.

The most divine little girl you could ever think of Princess Ava Rosemeyer aged 3, passed away on Monday the 5th of February, leaving behind her mother, Sheye, her father, Crayton and her siblings Luca, Mason and Ivy.


Let me tell you now, I have NEVER met Sheye or her family. However, I belong to a fantastic online community called 'Mothers, Shoppers, Friends' or MSF for short.

It is a closed community of about 100 members. We post about our families, we love kids fashion and have grown to know a lot about eachother over the past year or so.

What I know about Sheye and her family (who live up in QLD) is that they are so full of love for eachother. Sheye is a fabulous photographer and I always look at her photos in awe.

On Saturday the 3rd of February, Ava was going between her home and her Grandads home (he lived next door). She went to the family car - a black sedan and hopped in. It was a 30 odd degree day and the car was parked in the sun. About 30mins later, Ava was nowhere to be found - Grand dad thought she was at her home - Sheye thought she was over there. When it was realised that she was neither place...they looked and found her in the car in cardiac arrest. Oh my GOD! How could this be happening to her and to this family? Many prayers - from people ALL OVER THE WORLD started. Candles were lit - we were all crying and praying and I was scared. Plus all of the stuff was happening with Kiah - I was a mess.

Ava passed away on Monday the 5th of February. I was numb - I am numb.


People from our online community have rallied around - some who are friends with Sheye are flying in from all over the country - many others have contributed to helping the Rosemeyer family however we can.

Click here for my friend Carrie's blog which documents these events much more clearly. Carrie is Sheye's very very good friend from our community and while they had never met in real life they were constantly on the phone to each other - so Carrie has flown to be by her friend's side from Western Australia....Bless you Carrie!

The gorgeous Ava's funeral is on this Saturday in QLD at 10am QLD time - 11am Melbourne time. Most of us can not be there but we will be wearing pink (Ava's favourite colour) in honour of Ava, some are releasing pink balloons, others are planting white Gardenia's.

Please keep this family in your thoughts - love to you Sheye!

No comments: