Friday 25 May 2007

I am now $5.00 poorer....

because of a new love of Bronte's!

She has joined a basketball team and they had their first official game of the season last night.

We won! 22 points to 14 points and the girls played so well.


They are in an Under 10 team and only 2 girls have ever played before and neither of those was Bronte. I told her last week in the Grading Game that when she got her first goal in a real game, I would give her $5.00. Well, she got her goal and the look on her face when she did it was priceless. It was so so nice to see.

Well, last night they just did everything right and surprisingly, worked really well as a team. Bronte had about 5 shots for goal all up which is a great improvement from 3 weeks ago when she said "mum, I am NEVER going to dribble the ball. I don't want to get caught for travelling." and "I am not going to EVER shoot for a goal, because what if I don't get it in?"

Well, she has really taken to the game like a duck to water and not only is she dribbling, she is ducking and weaving and shooting at the board. It is great to watch.

So now, we have basketball training on Wednesdays from 4.30pm to 5.30pm and a basketball game on Thursdays. She loves the uniform and she loves the sport.

When I said, 'why don't you try netball instead? That is a great game, I used to love playing netball. You've seen all my trophies haven't you?' she looked at me and said, "mum, I don't have to like everything you like do I? Netball is boooooooring." How sad for me!

I will take a photo of her in her uniform and post it here later...

6 comments:

Lynda said...

She is a blimin' wonder that girl! And they make the big bucks in Basketball - and get to wear really cute 'outfits' - Is she planning to get her hair dyed pink like Dennis Rodman?

Vanessa x said...

Woohoo the Bront!!!!

I always wanted to play basketball but the ball was too heavy and the goals too high lmao.

I can't wait to see Kara play a sport, if she does LOL.

Brissiemum2 said...

Cool! Way to go Bronte!

I'm with you though....more a netball lover. *sigh* I am in the boring crowd, too! ;)

Sue xx said...

Woohoo yay Bronte! My girls are not playing netball, all day saturday can't see myself doing it!!!!!!
Sue xx

Kate said...

LOL Lynda - not planning to dye her hair but Samuel did! Will make a post about that later tonight!! And it turned out PINK!

k8

The life of Erin said...

Have to agree with Bronte :) basketball is a much more fun/exciting game to play than netball!!
Good on her for getting a goal!! yay Bronte!!